import guards?

Littlejohn septante cinq littlejohn.75 at free.fr
Thu May 8 05:46:41 EDT 2003

"A. Lloyd Flanagan" <alloydflanagan at attbi.com> wrote in message
news:a8b7f07a.0305070602.3a9761eb at posting.google.com...

> Oh, come on, there's only 2,746 symbols in wxPython.wx.  Why not list them
all?
> ;-)

How true:
>>> from wxPython import wx
>>> help(wx)
After a while : a message  not enough memory (1)
And I cannot reproduce this error today, Windows is more at ease, I don't
know why

I consider that to put more than a hundred symbols in the same
module/namespace a major design flaw. Moreover, there is not any doc string
at all. Is it impossible to inject documentation in the code generated by
SWIG ? And how is pyQt in this regard ?

Yours truly.

(1) I know, the machine is not that powerful, but I know also that in early
90s I had written a visualization program that ran on an X terminal (perhaps
4MB video memory) connected to an entry level RS/6000 workstation (model 220
32MB RAM i.e 4 times less memory)

--
Les nouilles cuisent au jus de canne. (french "contrepet")