dBase in Python, sorta?

Helmut Jarausch jarausch at skynet.be
Sat May 17 07:11:20 EDT 2003

rzed wrote:
> Is there an existing Python-based product or package that fills the
> ecological niche that dBase once filled? That is, something with a
> database backend, some data management utilities, a convenient forms
> and reports generator ... runnable on Win2k (for my sins)? Does anyone
> here use such a package? Any recommendations?

There seems to be a very nice product called 'rekall'
It's a GUI to several (free) databases among which are
Xbase, MySQL, Postgres and mightbe Firebird in the near
future.
The best: if you buy a licences (I've done so) you get
the source and the system is scriptable in Python !!!
They are very helpful in their mailing list (for customers
only).
I thinks it's worth the $79 .
If you're interested have a look at
http://www.thekompany.com/products/rekall

I've just bought it recently so I have'nt had time
to even install it.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik