First forking and then multithreading the interpreter?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed May 21 19:03:42 EDT 2003

In article <20030515162922.71620098.bram at nospam.sara.nl>,
Bram Stolk  <bram at nospam.sara.nl> wrote:

>Does anyone know what bad things could happen if you first fork python,
>and then create threads in one of the processes? I would assume this is
>possible.

It's possible, but I know there are problems with it.  Unfortunately,
this is an area of Python I don't know well; you may be able to get some
help from Google.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93