Tkinter Help

Brian Szmyd brian.szmyd at colostate.edu
Fri May 2 16:22:02 EDT 2003

I've read all the Tkinter tutorials that i can find, but i can't find a
solution to this problem anywhere. I have some code similar to the
following example:

[code]
from Tkinter import *

class MyFrame(Frame):
     def __init__(self, master):
         Frame.__init__(self, master, width=640, height=480, bg='White')

root = Tk()
frame = MyFrame(root).pack()
Label(frame, text='Some Text').grid(row=0, column=0)
[/code]

You probably see the problem without me mentioning it, but once i add
the label to the frame it resizes it.  My plan is to have a window with
the following look:

--------------------------------------
|               Frame 1              |
--------------------------------------
|                                    |
|               Frame 2              |
|               Frame 3              |

Where Frame 2 is something of a spreadsheet look and its contents change
  every so often. Frame 1 & 3 are for the most part constant.  Has
anyone done anything like this and have some code I could look at, or
advice?

-regards
Brian