Valgrind and Python

Graeme Winter g.winter at dl.ac.uk
Wed May 28 07:01:24 EDT 2003

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know of a simple way to instrument the Python code to allow
the use of Valgrind? I would like to perform a memory check on my
extension which uses the python memory allocation, and I guess that I am
not the first to want to do something like this.

I expect that I will also have to change the compilation so that the
Python allocation won't do anything clever.

For those who don't know, Valgrind is a memory checking/debugging tool
which simulates the running of a i386 machine to do it's work.

Cheers,

Graeme