Bypass a web login when userid and password are known.

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Mon May 5 12:47:18 EDT 2003

CDW wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to write a python cgi program
> that, when executed, can login to a website that uses cookies and
> requires a userid and password, then presents me with the first
> document past the login screen  just as though I had entered the login
> information manually (In other words, bypass the login if I know the
> userid and password). This is part of portal project that I have been
> doing some research on and it would go a long way toward helping us to
> establish a single sign-on portal.

By "cgi program" you mean a program that accesses a (cgi-)website,
not a server-side program that is used via CGI to generate dynamic
content, right?

Take a look at ClientCookie; http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie/

--Irmen