Plotting of maps in python

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Thu May 22 06:59:41 EDT 2003

Arnulf Heimsbakk <arnulf at rocketrange.no> writes:

> Is there someone who has any experience with plotting of maps in python,
> or know about a library for map projection and reading different map
> formats? The format SHAPE, TIFF and it would be rather nice to could
> read the Norwegian format SOSI. As for myself I will be using wxWindows.
> Integration to that library would be quite welcome.

Looks like you might be interested in Thuban:

http://thuban.intevation.org/

It's an interactive viewer for geogrtaphic data written in Python with
wxPython as GUI toolkit and runs on Linux and Windows. Currently it
supports shapefiles for vector data and uses the PROJ library for
projections. Support for raster data is only available in the CVS
version at the moment.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/