Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu May 8 11:58:45 EDT 2003

In article <3EBA6CBA.FA726FA9 at PublicPropertySoftware.com>,
 <alc at PublicPropertySoftware.com> wrote:
>Cameron Laird wrote:
>>
>> Tkinter!  Its packer is much beloved for its sensible defaults,
>> which make rough layouts behave sensible with respect to resizings.
>>                         .
>
>I've had so many programs using Tk that don't fit on my screen, I
>wonder if TkInter adds anything to Tk in this regard.  It is a
>major nuisance when an app opens and you pop up a dialog or such,
>and it doesn't fit on the screen, the buttons are off the bottom
>of the screen, and there is no way to get them back onto the screen.
>
>This is not just a Tk problem, however.  One of the tools for wxPython,
			.
			.
			.
Amen--the "major nuisance" part, I mean.  I know enough
about Tk(inter) that I generally get what I want, and
that I know some people find it very easy to get layout
right, and some hard.  I am ignorant enough about Tk(inter)
that I haven't yet figured out the difference between the
two groups.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net