Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

David Brown david at no.westcontrol.spam.com
Tue May 6 03:41:11 EDT 2003

"Tony C" <cappy2112 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:8d3e714e.0305051833.65da42bc at posting.google.com...
> I want to do some GUI work, mostly for Win32 programs.
> Since I don't know either one,  I have to start from scratch with both.
>
> Which is faster to learn ?
> Which GUI is better to use, in the long run ?

If it is for Windows programming, then your main consideration might be the
licence - PyQT requires QT, which is free on Linux for use in open source
programs, but is not (as far as I know) free on Windows.  QT is a great
library for cross-platform programming, and if you are making commercial
programs then it is probably worth the money, but that is a decision you'll
have to make.  wxPython is free to use in both open source and closed source
programs.