Permission Denied With os.rename On Win32

John Abel johnfabel at btinternet.com
Thu May 15 12:44:57 EDT 2003

I have a small script, that moves files around.  I wrote and tested it
with 2.2.2 and 2.3b1 on RH9 Linux, with no problem.  I've come to run it
on my Win2000 machine, and I keep getting Permisiion Denied errors.
I've modifed the code so it does a copy, and then an unlink without
success - the unlink fails.  Has anyone come across this before?  I've
done a search of the archives, and it pops up a couple of times, but
usually in association with threads, which I'm not using.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

John