HELP needed: Tricks for licensing Python software

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Thu May 22 13:50:22 EDT 2003

> > Since he's already said it better than I can...
> >
> >     Here's my message to the record industry and its allies:
> >     I'm not a thief.  I'm a customer.  When you treat me like a
> >     thief, I won't be your customer.  -- Dan Gillmor
>
> I appreciate the sentiment, but it is meaningless without
> numbers. It is true that copy-protection offends some honest
> people, but the numbers I heard seem to indicate (unless you
> have data to prove the opposite) that copy protection is
> economically advantageous in many instances. Honest people
> will just have to get over it :). Of course, the more
> transparent the copy protection system is, the better
> (potential) customer reaction can be expected.
> max.

I suspect you haven't read John Walker's diary about when
then added the dongle to AutoCAD, nor have you read about
Intuit's potential losses both monetary and in market share
because of their use of a macrovision's copy protection
software.

AutoCAD lost thousands of customers during their very brief
stint with copy-protection, and Intuit is about to also,
because treating your customers as thiefs normally alienates
them.

John Walker's diary is an excellent knowledge resource.

hth.

-gca
--
Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y
restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la