A Standard

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) tdelaney at avaya.com
Sun May 25 20:35:22 EDT 2003

> From: Luis Cortes [mailto:lcortes at conquered.org]
>
> I have long been playing the idea ( and I'm sure that others have too -- of
> porting the STL library from C++ completely re-written in python.  I
> have had great success in doing this with the the vector class with little
> problem (although it did take me several iterations).  I believe it
> would be trivial to finish the rest of the lib.  My question would be,
> won't this be better than making our own version of set, list, vector,
> map, etc.???

Please waste your time on this so you can find out what a waste of time this would be.

Hint: You will need to use the built-in mapping- and vector-type classes to implement the C++ mapping- and vector-type classes ...

> This way, won't C++ programmers have an easier time crossing over?

No. I can positively guarantee that this will not help C++ programmers to learn how to program in Python.

Tim Delaney