a list or not a list?

Axel Grune NineOfSix at gmx.de
Wed May 7 10:19:57 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli schrieb:
> To be precise: *the arguments which print_exc passes to the write method
> of the filelike object it's given* most definitely AREN'T list or tuples.
> They're strings, of course.

actually I expected a string and I thought that the write method is
executed only _once_. Since there were not one string but four, I
thought it could be some kind of list. That's why I talked about lists
and tuples. I thought a little bit about it and looked into the
traceback.py module and found out that the write method is called for
every line of the traceback. Since this traceback had four lines, I got
four strings. I know, I was a little bit unaccurate what my actual
problem was.

Axel

--

Python for president! ;-)