Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu May 8 18:05:53 EDT 2003

Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> writes:

> The number of users refers to the number of concurrent users. I
> think the Qt license is similar. It is the customer's responsibility
> to ensure that the usage does not contravene the license. Most
> organisations will buy additional licenses to eliminate the risk -
> (...)

Are you sure about this?  I think I'll follow up with TrollTech (since
this would help me out), but from their Qt commercial license info at
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/licensing.html:

"It is a per-developer license.  It is assigned to an individual. It
may be transferred, but only every six months and within the same
organization. To transfer a license contact sales at trolltech.com."

which sure sounds to me like a pure per-developer license and not a
concurrent license.

Likewise, from your site the phrase:

"The right for a single developer to write applications under both
Windows and UNIX/Linux."

led me to believe it was a pure per-developer license and not
concurrent.  If it's really concurrent, that's a big improvement to my
mind.

-- David