RELEASED Python 2.2.3c1

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu May 22 23:30:45 EDT 2003

I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.2.3c1 (release candidate
1).  This is a bug fix release for the stable Python 2.2 code line.
Barring any critical issues, we expect to release Python 2.2.3 final by
this time next week.  We encourage those with an interest in a solid
2.2.3 release to download this candidate and test it on their code.

The new release is available here:

	http://www.python.org/2.2.3/

Python 2.2.3 has a large number of bug fixes and memory leak patches.
For full details, see the release notes at

	http://www.python.org/2.2.3/NEWS.txt

There are a small number of minor incompatibilities with Python 2.2.2;
for details see:

	http://www.python.org/2.2.3/bugs.html

Perhaps the most important is that the Bastion.py and rexec.py modules
have been disabled, since we do not deem them to be safe.

As usual, a Windows installer and a Unix/Linux source tarball are made
available, as well as tarballs of the documentation in various forms.
At the moment, no Mac version or Linux RPMs are available, although I
expect them to appear soon after 2.2.3 final is released.

On behalf of Guido, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this
release, and who continue to ensure Python's success.

Enjoy,
-Barry