py2exe AttributeError problem, please help

m98aslin212 sfwe at swe2.com
Sat May 3 07:55:40 EDT 2003

Hi everyone - I could use some help, please!

I am using py2exe on a Win2k machine.  Except for warnings during
compile/build, everything seems to work properly.  But when I execute the
program I've just built, I get AttributeError problem with the Pmw library:

*******************************
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 209, in ?
  File "<string>", line 207, in _force_imports
  File "imputil.pyc", line 103, in _import_hook
  File "<string>", line 52, in _import_top_module
  File "imputil.pyc", line 216, in import_top
  File "imputil.pyc", line 271, in _import_one
  File "<string>", line 128, in _process_result
  File "Pmw\__init__.pyc", line 34, in ?
IndexError: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 12, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'initialise'

My setup.py file is as follows:
# setup.py
from distutils.core import setup
import Pmw
import mx
import py2exe

setup(name="como2bv",
      scripts=["como2bv.py"],
)

And this is my build:
python setup.py py2exe --includes=Pmw,mx --force-imports=Pmw,mx --force
warning: py2exe: could not parse version number ''
  No VersionInfo will be created
warning: py2exe: * The following modules were not found:
warning: py2exe: *   mx.DateTime.TimeFromTicks
warning: py2exe: *   mx.DateTime.DateFromTicks
warning: py2exe: *   mx.DateTime.Date
warning: py2exe: *   mx.DateTime.Timestamp
warning: py2exe: *   mxDateTime.__version__
warning: py2exe: *   mx.DateTime.TimestampFromTicks
warning: py2exe: *   mx.DateTime.Time

Any help would truly be appreciated.  Thank you!