Pyrex - Numeric demo doesn't build in 0.7.2

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) g2h5dqi002 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 14 00:43:25 EDT 2003

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried building the demos, and the Numeric one fails with:
>
> /usr/local/installers/python/tarballs/Pyrex-0.7.2/Demos/numeric_demo.pyx:12:24:
> Syntax error in C class definition

I just tried it, and I don't get any such error.

Are you sure you're using the right version of
Pyrex to compile it? The version of numeric_demo.pyx
included with 0.7.2 uses an experimental feature that
I haven't documented yet, and you won't be able to
compile it with anything earlier than 0.7.2.

Line 12 is exactly where the new feature is used,
so I suspect you're picking up an earlier version
of the Pyrex compiler.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,