It never fails (bsddb retirement in 2.3)

Nick Vargish nav at adams.patriot.net
Fri May 2 10:39:35 EDT 2003

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> So what *does* it come with? (what specific headers/libraries,
> specific versions of these headers, libraries if you can find out)

The /usr/include/db.h says:

@(#)$RCSfile: db.h,v $ $Revision: 1.1.4.2 $ (DEC) $Date: 1997/06/24 18:33:38
[..]
@(#)db.h        8.7 (Berkeley) 6/16/94

Not sure about /usr/lib/libdb.a, except it's a symbolic link to
/usr/ccs/lib/libdb.a.

> On many systems, Sleepycat BSDDB *is* a standard package.

Many, sure. Obviously not all...

> Notice that the original BSDDB 1.85 is broken in a way that it can
> lose or corrupt data, so you shouldn't trust it any data of value.

This is a write-once, read-many situation. I appreciate there might be
risks, but right now the included libdb is "good enough for government
work."

Nick

--
#include<stdio.h> /* SigMask 0.3 (sig.c) 19990429 PUBLIC DOMAIN "Compile Me" */
int main(c,v)char *v;{return !c?putchar(*v-1)&&main(0,v+ /* Tweaks welcomed. */