scipy installation problems

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 15:15:44 EDT 2003

Gerhard Häring wrote:

> Mark Fenbers wrote:
>> Thank you.  This is helpful.  But from what I read already, it would appear
>> that for CVS to be useful, one must have Internet access direct from the
>> computer scipy
>> installs on, correct.  My Linux box is hidden behind a firewall without
>> Internet
>> access other than manual FTP sessions through a gateway.  My PC has Internet
>> access, however, and it is not too much hassle to download a tarball to my
>> PC, then
>> suck it into the firewall from the inside.  But this CVS method seems like it
>> won't
>> work in the two-stage approach.  Is my assumption, correct?
>
> You can do it in two steps without problems. Download the most current
> sources via CVS, then transfer the downloaded directory to the other
> computer, probably best in compressed tar or zip format.

If your non-firewalled pc is a windows box, I'm sure there must be some
downloadable thing for Windows to read a CVS repository.  Then you could do
what Gerhard suggested.

If you keep having troubles, try posting again cc-ed to the scipy list.  Several
of the folks there work with Windows boxes and the scipy sources, so they may
also have some ideas (I only use Linux and have no firewall issues, so I'm of
limited help).

Best,

f.