Exceptions in C that apply to multiple types?

Elf M. Sternberg elf at drizzle.com
Tue May 20 13:44:42 EDT 2003

I'm working on a fairly complex network appliance.  The
communicate-with-the-kernel library is entirely in C, and I've written a
number of python-to-C interfaces to expose control of the kernel and
associated utilities to python clients.

I would like to have a base class of unique exceptions that apply to all
kernel modules that I'm manipulating.  Is in as easy as writing a core
of exceptions and making sure they get instantiated into the running
python process when __init__.py is called, and then simply referring to
them by name when needed?

        Elf