i found the perfect python web host with root access

Randall Smith randall at tnr.cc
Fri May 23 13:30:36 EDT 2003

I've been looking for an affordable web host that would let me run a
continuous process (webware/webkit) and been dissapointed for a while.
I heard something on a mailing list (maybe this one, I can't remember)
about a $14.95 per month web host with root access !!!  So I did some
searching and found velocityserver.com.  Sure enough, they have a 500 MB
/ 10 GB/Mo account with root access.  It is a virtual private server
type setup.  So I paid my setup fee and gave it a shot.  It comes with
redhat 7.1, apache 1.3 (I'll probably install apache2) and python 1.5 (I
installed 2.2.2) among other things and some really cool web-based admin
software.  The server I'm on is blazing fast and it's simply a dream
come true.  ROOT ACCESS!  Need I say more.  Oh, and their email support
is good.  Note that this is only my second day to have the setup, but
I'm so excited I just wanted to let you guys in on it.  And of course
you're not limited to a web server.  You could host an email server, ftp
server, or whatever.  There's no port blocking or any restrictions I've
seen yet.  And you get a static IP.  Anyway, I hope someone benefits
from my post.  I see this type of service becoming a must have for
linux/bsd junkies.  I hope this company and others like it can continue
to offer it at such a great price.  Not so much of a help to Windows
users unless they want to eat all of their bandwidth using VNC to
install/uninstall software.  I love linux.  And BSD is good too.  And
SSH, Apache, Python, .... Have a wonderful day.

Randall