Help with logging module

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Mon May 19 02:47:21 EDT 2003

Quoth Kenneth Pronovici:
  [...]
> In terms of your example, what I didn't do was applog.setLevel() - I
> only called setLevel() for the handlers.  I think that explains my
> problem.  [...]

Ah.  Yes, that could do it.  Note that Loggers use their
"effective level" for filtering, which means they use their
parent's level or parent's parent's level etc., if their own is
NOTSET.  And the root logger is initialized at WARNING, so...

--
Steven Taschuk                                7\ 7'Z {&~         .
staschuk at telusplanet.net                        Y r          --/hG-