AW: Python Coredump on FreeBSD

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Tue May 13 18:27:44 EDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Harald Schneider wrote:

> Python 2.2.2 also fails. The coredump just says:
>
> #0 0x80a0442 in ?? ()
> #1 0x80a0d0e in ?? ()
> ..
>
> These lines fill up the whole page ...

For the bt to work, you need the debugging symbols.  If the interpreter
being used is already installed, it will have been stripped, so you need
the unstripped original to use for gdb.

If your interpreter has the debugging symbols, the above would suggest
that the failure is happening in library code.

If you have a code sample that exhibits this failure that you can release,
I'd appreciate a copy py private mail.

Have you tried upping the thread stack size to 1MB (0x100000)?

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia