PEP idea - Daemon

Ryan Morillo srart at operamail.com
Tue May 27 20:01:57 EDT 2003

Adding in the UID and GID should be easy, I'm not sure what you meen by
daemons forking.  If your saying that you loose the PID, thats not a
problem (I intend to return the PID), if daemontools needs something else
to happen (I can't imagine what), tell me what it is and I'll see what I
can do.
(It may be that I don't understand all the things you would use a daemon
for.  I just use it for long running background processes, on the rare
occasion I even leave myself a way to send more info into them, mostly
sound servers, and piping things around.)