It never fails (bsddb retirement in 2.3)

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon May 5 02:15:39 EDT 2003

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> Is there some problem with the 1.85 format?  Or just bugs in the
> library?  If the format is still in use but the library has bugs, the
> obvious answer is to fix the bugs, not deprecate the library.

I'm not sure. I don't think anybody here has analyzed this in
sufficient detail to answer this question. See SF bug reports 445862,
522780 for examples of the problem.

In any case, it is extremely unlikely that the bugs, if found, will be
fixed. You would have to take ownership of the package, to become the
official maintainer, and you would have to encourage system vendors to
include your code into their distribution.

Regards,
Martin