Python Coredump on FreeBSD

Harald Schneider h_schneider at marketmix.com
Mon May 12 10:20:08 EDT 2003

I was able to locate the bug:

When I call

re.compile(.......).search(.....)

in sequence a few times, then the regular expression module re causes this
coredump. It's implementation must differ from other platforms. It looks
like it trashes memory and finally crashes. Maybe re is not threadsave on
FreeBSD.

Bug isolated, but no solution yet ... I'll try to test in a non-threading
environment to see, if there is a dependency ...

Thanks a lot,
Harald

"Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:7h3addss30u.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk...
> "Harald Schneider" <h_schneider at marketmix.com> writes:
>
> > Thanks. Platform ist FreeBSD 4.6.2
> >
> > Reading the coredump with gdb revealed that python died with signal 11.
Any