Linking to a library in your own directory

Jay O'Connor joconnor at nets.com
Fri May 16 12:03:35 EDT 2003

I'm trying to import the postgresql library into a python script on a
machine on which postgress is installed.  I can't reall install postgres
on this machine, but I want to use this script to connect to a postgres
db on a different machine.

The problem I'm having is that import the pg module wants to import
libpq.so, which it cannot find (not being installed) .  I an put
libpq.so.3 in my own directory, but I'm not sure how I can get other
programs to see it so the link it in.

Thx

--
Jay O'Connor
http://www.r4h-music.com

"God Himself plays the bass strings first,
when He tunes the soul"