Newbie poll: GUI building in Python

Andrei see at my.signature.com
Tue May 20 19:50:15 EDT 2003

Originally posted by John Hall
> On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:28:02 +0000, Andrei
> wrote:
>
> >... Plus I find writing Python more enjoyable than Object Pascal
>     :).
>
> So do I - now.
>
> But Object Pascal was not nearly as bad as some detractors would have
> you believe, IMHO.
>
> I still think ":=" as an assignment operator makes more sense than the
> current idioms.

I like OP too, but ":=" is one of the things that bugs me about it. It's
an extremely common operator and you need to use not 1, not 2, but
*three* keys to get it on the screen. Python saves a lot of typing even
if you forget about the lack of type declarations and the likes. But
that's a bit off-topic.

print "znvy: cebwrpg5 at bcrenznvy.pbz
Fcnzserr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp zrffntrf. V ernq gur yvfg, ab arrq gb PP.".decode("rot13")