Python 1.5.2 - Multipart Mime handling.

Kim Petersen kp at kyborg.dk
Fri May 9 09:29:00 EDT 2003

Gerhard Häring wrote:
> james wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Finding examples that don't use the new modules in version 2.2 is a
>> nightmare.
>

> I'll assume you have a very good reason to stick to 1.5.2 (and "my
> crappy distribution comes with it by default" is not one), like an

actually "my crappy distribution...." is a pretty decent political and
political reason - since it can be hell to install and depend on
extention modules (primarily binary ones) that must be installed on the
*right* version.

from my world this would be the postgresql module as essential - and
some of the other ./setup.py routines doesn't work sanely with more than
one version of python on the system. Adding support/installation
headaches that we very much can be without - even *if* we do want to
upgrade on these systems.

fortunatly it isn't difficult to ensure 1.5.2 compatibility in newer
programs without restricting (or constricting) the developers ;-)