HELP needed: Tricks for licensing Python software

Max Khesin max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com
Wed May 28 14:09:54 EDT 2003

From: sismex01 at hebmex.com (sismex01 at hebmex.com)Subject: RE: HELP needed:
Tricks for licensing Python software >>>> Would MSWindows/office bring in
better revenues without>> copy protection? Adobe? I mean, these guys aren't
stupid and >> I am sure they hire market research people to investigate>>
these things.>>> MSOffice has copy protection?  It only has that damn>
activation thingy, but that's easily overcome.> Same for Adobe's.I think
your "easily overcome" comment is in support of copy protection, right?
:).In any IMO requiring an a unique activation code (not one dependent on
hardware)is a reasonable level of protection without the pains that are
caused by anything that relies on hardware. The 'lock' may be a simple GUID
generated when the user clicks on the activation dialog or it could be
hot-patched into the download point-of-sale. Even though --
========================================Max Khesin, software developer -
max at cNvOiSsPiAoMntech.com[check out our image compression software at
www.cvisiontech.com, JBIG2-PDF compression
@www.cvisiontech.com/cvistapdf.html]