define

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Thu May 8 12:42:09 EDT 2003

Quoth Turhan Ozen:
> I have a long list of parameters. I want to keep them in an array in
> order to pass them to functions. But I want to use the name of each
> parameter in the formulas to make them easy to read. I can use x[index]
> in the formulas. I am trying to have another name for each  x[index]. If
> I do anything to this secondary reference, the same is done to the
> corresponding x[index].

How about this?

    class Parameters(object):
        pass

    def foo(params):
        print params.y

    p = Parameters()
    p.x = 1
    p.y = 2
    foo(p)

I don't see above any statement that you need the parameters in a
specific order, so I don't see the purpose of using a list.

But then I'm not sure why you want to pass all the parameters as a
single object either... is that just for typing convenience?

Steven Taschuk                           staschuk at telusplanet.net
"I'm always serious, never more so than when I'm being flippant."
                            -- _Look to Windward_, Iain M. Banks