medusa http server

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Mon May 26 06:55:45 EDT 2003

15 minutes?

In my Twisted Web presentation (to be given in Europython), the first
slide contains

% mktap web --path=/var/www/htdocs --port=80
% sudo twisted -f web.tap

[Anyone who feels like making a T-Shirt with these commands at Cafe-Press
and giving me a complementary one at EP so I can deal with people asking
my how to use the Twisted Web server by pointing to my shirt would be
welcome :)]

This will properly drop privileges to the user you ran mktap as, and server
from /var/www/htdocs, supporting .rpy files, etc. etc. This should take
about a minute to type assuming 1character/second (a relatively slow
rate). So, I have to assume you spent 19 minutes downloading.
The NoDocs bzip2 archive for 1.0.5 (I don't recall which version was
current in PyCon) is 781KBs. So you either downloaded at <0.5KB/s rate,
or it took you *way* too long to find, and read the first part of,
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/using-twistedweb
(namely, installation and using twisted.web). If that is so, we have
a problem with our documentation system.

http://twistedmatrix.com/ --> Documentation/Howtos -> Bringing up a web server
is the link path that brings to this document. If you have any suggestions
for making the HOWTO easier to find, easier to read or if the examples
shown there didn't work as expected, then please let the Twisted development
team know -- these are bugs, in the code or docs, and we would like to know
about them so we can fix them.

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.