Tkinter on RedHat Linux 9.0

Thomas Korb doc at goodweb.de
Tue May 13 18:38:12 EDT 2003

On Sat, 10 May 2003 14:34:05 -0600, Don Donigan wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to install Tkinter on RedHat Linux 9.0?
> I have not need successfull as of yet. Thanks in advance.

You have to install the following 4 RPM packages:

	1. python   2. tcl   3. tk   4. tkinter

Use 'rpm -qi <packagename>' to see, which packages are already
installed on your system (e.g.: rpm -qi tkinter).

To install a package, use 'rpm -ihv <packagefile>'. This command
will i.p. tell you, if other packages must be installed first
(e.g. 'itcl' or 'tix' might be necessary).

You will find the RPM 'packagefiles' on your Red Hat 9 CDs, but
it is often easier (and faster) to download them directly from the
Red Hat Network (http://rhn.redhat.com) or from any other good RPM
archive.

--
Dr. Thomas Korb