Why won't my thread terminate?

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Thu May 22 22:58:11 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 04:40:36AM +0000, Dfenestr8 wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I read that a thread terminates when its run() method finishes.
>
> I'm trying to terminate  the thread below by changing the value upon which a
> while loop runs to 0.
>
> But every time I try and get the thread running again, using the start()
> method, I get:
>
> "AssertionError: thread already started"

  Thread objects are not restartable by default.  Create a new one, or
fiddle with the private state Thread objects maintain so that it does not
appear to have previously run.

  Jp

--
"The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt but it has
 always been nothing more than politics in disguise ... economics is a form