Python fot medium/large size projects

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Fri May 30 13:47:32 EDT 2003

"Rosinger" <jrosinger at hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:d7c8b5ba.0305292202.5ccbc7a at posting.google.com...
> In your opinion, how suitable is Python for medium to large projects?
<..snip..>

As others have stated the functional density of Python is quite high.This is
one of the key success factors to get large projects done at all. The main
issue is: "Can we achieve our goals" not" can we cooperate with as much as
possible people". So yes Python is absolutely hihly qualified to tackle
large complex SW problems.

I recently started to work on a presentation and article discussing the
bloating of software, which in reverse explains the importance of
programming languages such as Python. N.B. the material in the links below
is in its very early infancy! (long links are likely to be broken by the
newsreader)
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/BloatingExploredSlides.
pdf
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/BloatingExploredPaper.p