MySQL and Python on Linux - Proper Method?

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Fri May 16 16:35:41 EDT 2003

This is just my two cents, I'm deploying Python/Qt/MySQL solutions across
Windows and Linux and MySQLdb is working very well.  The only thing I need
that MySQLdb doesn't have done yet is native SSL encrypted connections and
I have a tentative patch that should work.

As far as MySQLdb being dead, I agree that there hasn't been much activity
but I don't see need for many changes either.  Bugs are virtually
non-existent and the library is very capable.  Make sure that you grab the
newest version (0.9.2) which is hosted on sourceforge.  I think the mysql
docs list a really old version...

Greg Fortune
Fortune Solutions