How to find out free disk space on a share via win32api?

Joe Francia usenet at soraia.com
Mon May 5 16:00:47 EDT 2003

Lexy Zhitenev wrote:
> So, I have a share, say \\serv\shr1.
> I need to know how much free space I have on this share. Could anyone help
> me? I am running ActivePython 2.2.2 under Win2000.
>
> Regards, Lexy.

I'm not sure this will give you what you need, but you can use use WMI
calls if all machines are Win2k/WinXP:

## begin script ##
from win32com.client import GetObject

# use a dot (.) for local computer
wmiObj = GetObject("winmgmts:\\\\COMPUTERNAME\\root\\cimv2")
diskinfo = wmiObj.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_LogicalDisk")
for disk in diskinfo:
     print disk.Name, disk.FreeSpace
## end script ##

Example output: