multiple co-existing versions of Python on Windows?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue May 13 14:10:30 EDT 2003

I have 2.2/2.1/2.0/1.52 versions of python on a win2k machine. I only
have one version of win32all installed for Python-2.2.

This seems to work out all right, but I believe that you need to be
careful about the installation order. The last one installed seems to
get the .py/pyc extension mappings. I only use the python with scripts
though

ie for the 'standard' 2.2.2 I can use

script.py

but for Python-2.1 I need to do

c:\Python21\python.exe script.py and I need to be real careful that I'm
not in a directory containing modules/packages compiled with other
python versions otherwise I start getting problems.
--
Robin Becker