Python and Centura SQLBase.

Chris Lyon chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk
Fri May 16 16:20:35 EDT 2003

"Petter Kristensen" <petter.kristensen at hiof.no> wrote in message news:<s45xa.12675$b71.242408 at news4.e.nsc.no>...
> Can Python  access a database such as Centura SQLBase?
>
> I do not have any knowledge at all to the Python language, but need to know
> before I start a new project.
>
> Centura SQLBase provides access thru ODBC, Ole DB, JDBC, also a C-API is
> provided.
>
> If anyone has knowledge or experience of this, please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> regards
> Petter Kristensen / Norway

It's been a while since I used SQL Base but remember there was some
kind of major stand off between Microsoft and Centura about where a
fairly fundamental problem with record numbers lay.

I thought Centura had curled up and died. I really liked SQL Windows
and SQLBase but the corporation seemed determined to shoot itself in
the foot regularly.

Apologies if this is OT