Can't start Tix

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at removethis.ted.ericsson.dk
Fri May 9 07:32:37 EDT 2003

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message
news:m3k7d19k85.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de...
> Frank <Frank at no.spam> writes:

> So what? The documentation does not claim that this module is
> available on every operating system supported by Python.

... So then the Tix module documentation should be polite and make a
statement about platform availability - like other modules!

If there are no such disclaimers, and the documentation is part of a "core
python" install, one should be able to assume that the module is generally
available across platforms, I.M.H.O.

We should file a bug report on the documentation over this - if it is not
done already.

> Then you either shouldn't use the Tix module, or obtain and use a Tix
> installation for Windows.

I had the same problem -

I *could not* work out from the Tix documentation what I actually would
need, what I should do with it, and where to install what once past that
hurdle. (I would apparently would also need Borland C++ - a tool, I dumped
way back at ver. 3.1. in response to it's bugginess and credit-card-grabbing
tech support).

Maybe I am dense - but for now I will stay with Vanilla Tk in the, perhaps
vain, hope that someone eventually will be annoyed enough to support a win32
Tix build...