Should I write a book on Python Metaprogramming ?

John Roth johnroth at ameritech.net
Mon May 5 12:47:14 EDT 2003

"David Mertz" <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote in message
> Hi gang,
>
> Regular readers know who I am... so I won't bother with any more than
> the overblown bio in the proposal text itself.
>
> [...]

> So here's my questions to c.l.py.  Would you want a book along the
below
> lines at all?  Do you only want it if it focusses closely on Python?
Or
> would you rather have a book that addressed several languages fairly
> equally, with Python just one among them?  Are the outlined chapters
the
> ones you would expect?  Or is something missing?  Or unnecessary?
> Assuming the suggested chapters point in the right directions, what
> specific topics would you want to see covered within each one?

Yes. I'd buy it. I'd prefer that it focused on Python, but not only
because it's a language I know. I'm perfectly willing to buy a book
on a subject I want that's in an unfamiliar language, but only if that
language is simple, and the author avoids obscure (to the novice)
idioms except where they're motivated by the subject.

John Roth