It never fails (bsddb retirement in 2.3)

Nick Vargish nav at bandersnatch.org
Mon May 5 16:03:24 EDT 2003

Quoting Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com>:

> Can you poke around and find out where dbopen is defined?

Thanks for providing the shell snippet... The output from DEC's
nm is pretty twisted. I couldn't find a _dbopen, but there's a
dbopen in /usr/lib/libdb.a and /lib/libdb.a, both of which are
symbolic links to /usr/ccs/lib/libdb.a.

If you're curious, the relevant nm output is:

dbopen              |0000000000000000|Proc    |ref=1048575
|0000000000000008|  1|Text

(As always, my webmail client will mangle long lines for me...)

Nick

--
Nick Vargish  ||  nav at bandersnatch.org  ||  http://nav.bandersnatch.org/