polymorphism

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Tue May 13 19:47:35 EDT 2003

On 13 May 2003 10:33:57 -0400, aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:

>In article <%a%va.2384$hX1.844 at nwrdny01.gnilink.net>,
>Carl Banks  <imbosol at aerojockey.com> wrote:
>>Alex wrote:
>>>
>>> The short answer is every class method is virtual.
>>>
>>> The longer answer is that python is not statically typed.  This makes
>>> it *much* more flexible than C++.  If desired, polymorphism can be
>>> achieved withough any inheritance at all.  After a couple days, C++
>>> will feel like a straight jacket.
>>
>>Dude, you rule.  Mind if I use this simile?
>
>If you do, please to spell it "straitjacket".  ;-)
Or leave out the space ;-)

[16:48] C:\pywk\clp>wn straightjacket -over

Overview of noun straightjacket

The noun straightjacket has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)

1. straitjacket, straightjacket -- (a jacket-like garment used to bind the arms tightly against
the body as a means of restraining a violent person)

Regards,
Bengt Richter