GUI in Windows

Anand Pillai pythonguy at Hotpop.com
Thu May 29 02:55:23 EDT 2003

I suggest using wxPython. Reasons ? There are many, but a few
listed here.

1. Look and feel of native GUI
2. Excellent community support => The wxWindows developers are quite helpful
   and answer your questions in a fairly short amount of time. The newsgroup
   (comp.softsys.wxwindows) is very active.
3. Easily portable => I wont say this for wxWindows C++ port but the python
   port is very portable. In my experience, I was able to run a program which
   I developed in wxPython (about 8000 lines of python code) on windows and
   run it on my RedHat machine with meagre changes.
4. Tools => XRCed, Boa Constructor, wxDesigner etc.
5. Easy to program => wxPython programming is as simple as python
                      programming. Event macros are  the most simple I have
                      ever seen in any GUI toolkit.

All the best.

Anand Pillai

http://members.lycos.co.uk/anandpillai