cygwin group

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Mon May 19 12:55:23 EDT 2003

An anonymous coward wrote:
> Is this the appropriate group for asking questions related to cygwin?
> I am using gcc under cygwin to compile c/c++ code and I want to get
> into coding programs that do graphics. If I find a way to do graphics
> in c/c++ and I compile inside of cygwin, will the compiled program
> work only under cygwin or will it also work under windows without
> cygwin?

With the right keywords, even the "I feel lucky" button of Google works:

The keywords are "cygwin mailing list"

==> http://www.cygwin.com/lists.html

I'm not aware of an international Cygwin *newsgroup* (there is a german
one, though).

If you can access an NNTP server instead of your Google web frontend,
you can also use news.gmane.org as NNTP frontend for the Cygwin mailing
lists (and tons of other mailing lists, including virtually all Python
related ones).

-- Gerhard