URG: Help need in socket programming

Vijay Anand R. Vijayanandr at elind.com
Fri May 30 04:15:30 EDT 2003

hai

can any help me in solving my problem with python sockets?

i am involved in testing the functionality of a financial exchange soln named STRIDE. it uses FIX protocol

i am using non blocking sockets. i find some problems while sending the invalid testcases. the test case that have appln based error gets rejected by the STRIDE and i am able to receive the error message. but when i send test cases with improper data format, the FIX gateway rejects it. but i am not able to capture the error. my testing tool gets hanged. i am running using IDLE.

this is my code - can anyone help me in this regard

def sendMsg(user,port,msg,login):

    global signUser, sock, fNameCount

    if login == 1:
        lNMsg = 1
    else:
        lNMsg = 2
    dump = ''
    count = 0
    while 1:
        count = count + 1
        data = sock[user].recv(BUFSIZ)
        dump = dump + data

        if login == 1:
            signUser[user] = getSign(data)

        if not data or count >= lNMsg  : break

    return dump

regards

R Vijay Anand

Project Trainee, Elind Computer Pvt Ltd,
100 Feet Road, HAL 2nd Stage,Indiranagar,
Bangalore 560038. INDIA
Tel : 080 5216767 Extn : 290

"It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world."