non-blocking sockets and generators

Gary Stephenson garys at ihug.com.au
Sat May 24 07:04:50 EDT 2003

Whoops.  I figured out the answer to my first question anyway.

>     def socketAccept( self, s ) :
>         while True :
>             try :
>                 ( sock, addr ) = s.accept()
>             except :
>                 yield None
                   continue     #  <<  missing from previous version
>             self.addThread( self.createThread( sock, addr ) )

So the exception was thrown err the assignment completed.  In the absence of
the (now added) continue statement execution of the last line indeed
proceeded without sock having been assigned to.

However, my _second_ question re the appropriate error class to use survives
intact.

thanx,

gary