Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu May 8 17:55:57 EDT 2003

On Thursday 08 May 2003 9:25 pm, offer at sgi.com wrote:
> $ from phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk -#259028 | sed "1,$s/^/> /"
>
> >My interpretation would be different. I think most of the single user
> > licenses are used where there is only one developer. (Mental note - do a
> > customer survey.) They are using PyQt/Qt as a very productive way of
> > developing small applications for in-house use.
>
> OT, but do you have an idea for when OS X is going to be supported in PyQt
> ?
>

> Until it is I'm going to take the effort to switch to jython.

If you are using X11 under OS X then it works now.

If you are talking about native OS X then people have got it working (look
through the PyKDE mailing list archives) but it isn't supported as far as I
am concerned. I think you need 10.2 at least.

I hope that it will be officially supported when SIP v4 is released (SIP being
the tool that generates the bindings) which is a month or two (or three) away
at the moment.

Phil