OMNIORB - OmniORBpy- Python

Duncan Grisby duncan-news at grisby.org
Thu May 15 07:04:13 EDT 2003

In article <b9vekt$4ob$01$1 at news.t-online.com>,
 Birgit Rahm <br_y at yahoo.de> wrote:

>I try to connect python 2.0 program via omniorb 1.3 to omniorb 3.0. Thats
>the goal.
>I am not sure if OMNIORB 3.05 is the same as OMNIORB 3.0 mentioned in the
>readme.

omniORBpy 1.3 is now very old. You should use version 2.1, in
conjunction with omniORB 4.0.1. omniORB 3.0 refers to all versions of
3.0.x; 3.0.5 is the most recent in that branch.

>Second: I try the sample "wheater" from OMNIORBpy (1.3 to Python 2.0). First
>I made with the omniidl a new file, but running this file with python (not
>pythonwin) gives me the error "variable not defined: __file_" .
>Can anyone tell me, which steps I have to do?

Get up to date versions of everything for a start. Try again, and if
it still doesn't work, post the complete error message you receive.

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
 -- Duncan Grisby         --