Metasyntax/Macros

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sat May 17 15:07:44 EDT 2003

paddy3118 at netscape.net (Paddy McCarthy) writes:

> "Michael Glassford" <glassfordm at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1053093806.15819.python-list at python.org>...
> Isn't a consideration of macros just like considering, say, functional
> programming, or aspect -orientated programming; namely just another
> area of language design that should be considered (maybe it is - and
> has been soundly rejected - I realy should read all of those google
> hits... :-)

FWIW, at the ACCU conference in Oxford Guido actually said (to a
packed roomful of people) that he was interested in thinking about
ways to support the definition of domain-specific languages in
Python.  So the basic goal stands a chance, though I'm unsure what
the answer looks like.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting